The Foreign Ministry of Lebanon
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Born in Batroun on 21 June 1970.
Studied at Saints-Coeurs School in Batroun
Holds a degree in civil engineering in 1992 and a master's degree in communications in 1993 from the American University of Beirut.
Married to Chantal Michel Aoun and they have three children: Yara, Gabriel and Georges.
Activist in the Free Patriotic Movement since its inception and held several responsibilities, the most recent being the responsible for political relations.
Member of a number of associations: Lebanese Red Cross, Rotary Club and Lebanon Green
He became a candidate for parliamentary elections of 2005
Served as minister of Telecommunications in the Lebanese government from July 2008 till November 2009
He ran for parliamentary elections held in 2009
He served as the minister of energy in the Lebanese Government for two consecutive terms between 2009 and 2014
The current Minister of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants in the Lebanese Government since February 2014
Main ministerial publications
- “The works of the Ministry of Water and Energy 2010: a year of planning and strategies "
- The national strategic plan for the electricity sector
- National water sector strategy
- National strategy for sanitation
- District of Keserwan in the Ministry of Energy and Water: studies and projects
- District of Batroun in the Ministry of Energy and Water: studies and projects
- Baabda-Aley in the Ministry of Energy and Water: studies and projects
- District of Jbeil in the Ministry of Energy and Water: studies and projects